Welcome

Howdy and welcome to my blog! My name is Jason D. Phillips and I am a Government Documents and United Nations Reference Librarian at Mississippi State University's Mitchell Memorial Library. This blog serves to provide you with current and new information about the publications of our federal government.

Please feel free to comment on the postings or to let me know if you have any questions or requests. You can e-mail me at: jdphillips@library.msstate.edu

This is not an official publication of the Mitchell Memorial Library and is not affiliated with Mississippi State University.

What Can I Do With My Liberal Arts Degree?


Gehlhaus, Diana. “What Can I Do With My Liberal Arts Degree?” Occupational Outlook Quarterly 51, no.4 (Winter 2007-08): 2-12. SUDOC: L 2.70/4:

This article offers information for college graduates holding liberal arts degrees and their available job options. There is a discussion about advantages to holding a liberal arts degree, tips on how to focus career goals, how to gain the skills needed to achieve these goals, and how to market liberal arts skills to find a job. One assertion is that hiring managers care more about a job candidate’s skills, like communication and critical thinking, than their major in college.

This document is available online: http://www.bls.gov/opub/ooq/2007/winter/art01.pdf

Current Issue for Occupational Outlook Quarterly: http://www.bls.gov/opub/ooq/ooqhome.htm

Archives for Occupational Outlook Quarterly (1999 – present): http://www.bls.gov/opub/ooq/archive.htm

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home